Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Screen recording with system sound only

While recording screens, using Quicktime, is there any option to use only system sound and not the microphone?

I could see some suggestion about installing BlackHole audio driver; however, I'm not sure about the security as this application will need all the permissions. I think this feature should be made available with MacOS, instead of relying on 3rd party software/drivers.

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 10:26 AM

I've been using BlackHole for roughly four years and have not experienced any issues related to security. additionally, it's not an app, but rather an audio plug in that only works when you need to record the system audio while performing screen and / or audio recordings.

and if you feel this functionality should be included in macOS natively, feel free to visit Feedback - macOS - Apple and let them know.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2024 10:26 AM in response to Diptiman.Badajena

I've been using BlackHole for roughly four years and have not experienced any issues related to security. additionally, it's not an app, but rather an audio plug in that only works when you need to record the system audio while performing screen and / or audio recordings.

and if you feel this functionality should be included in macOS natively, feel free to visit Feedback - macOS - Apple and let them know.

Screen recording with system sound only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.