Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

question from an ex-iTunes user regarding PC streaming to Apple TV

I am using the new suite of Apple apps on Windows 11. I have run into an issue I have not been able to figure out and was hoping someone here has answers.

After converting to the new apps on my PC, iTunes no longer allows my Apple TV (device) to see my PC so that I can stream content from my PC to my Apple TV (device). The PC no longer shows up when I open the orange Computers app on the Apple TV (device). I cannot find replacement functionality in Apple Devices (app), Apple Music (app), or Apple TV (app). Is there a way to have my PC library show up in the Apple TV (device) like iTunes offered, or do I need to use a 3rd party app like Plex and just give up?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 7:58 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2024 12:56 PM in response to Phil0124

Well, that is the answer I figured I was going to get...

It should be noted that going back to iTunes is not an option. I tried this, but iTunes somehow knows I converted to Apple Music and has the crippled interface. I even tried uninstalling the 3 new apps, uninstalling iTunes, and then tried not only the Microsoft Store version of iTunes, but also the downloadable version from Apple.

On a Windows PC, once you switch to Apple Music it appears to be permanent...

question from an ex-iTunes user regarding PC streaming to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.