Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Logic Pro X Channel Strip Plugin Problem!

I'm using the most recent build of Logic Pro X and within my current project I have various guitar presets loaded into different channel strips. The guitar presets are loaded through the Bias FX2 plugin and I have some acoustic, distorted rhythm and lead tones loaded into specific channel strips. However, the distorted rhythm preset seems to now override everything and is now playing in every channel strip regardless of what's actually loaded into it. For example, the strip with an acoustic tone applied to it still shows the acoustic preset loaded into Bias FX2 on the channel strip but when I play my guitar, the tone coming out of that strip is the distorted rhythm tone and this applies to every single channel strip, even the ones that don't have the guitar plugin applied to it such as basic midi synths.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I've had nothing but problems with Logic Pro X since upgrading to a new MacBook from an old 2011 Mac. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 9:52 AM

4 replies

Apr 29, 2024 10:02 AM in response to morozco

I've checked and the plug-in is definitely not loaded into the stereo out strip. In fact, if I load an older project it's now doing the same in those as well. This guitar effect is just always active instead of what's actually loaded into the channel strip. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin, resetting Logic Pro setting, deleting the plist file... seemingly everything and nothing is fixing this. It's driving me crazy!

Apr 29, 2024 12:39 PM in response to KrisD_UK

What are your specs exactly?

MacOS? Computer Model? Logic version 10.x.x ARM or Rosetta? Bias FX version?

How did you upgrade from your old computer?

Fresh install vs migration?

I've checked and the plug-in is definitely not loaded into the stereo out strip. In fact, if I load an older project it's now doing the same in those as well.

Then it seems project related. What if you open a new, empty project - not from a template. Also try to insert the plugin on a mono track as well. I don't know Bias FX2, but some plugins only work in mono or stereo, this is dependent on the plugin developer.

This guitar effect is just always active instead of what's actually loaded into the channel strip.

This is the part, I don't understand. You might explain a bit more. Usually, a plug-in cannot work if it has not been inserted into a plug-in slot in Logic. Is there a standalone instance active? Or something that I don't know?

Workaround:

Close Logic and open it in Rosetta Mode.

Contact Positive Grid Support.

Logic Pro X Channel Strip Plugin Problem!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.