Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

mdm enrollment

I wanted to share my recent experience with a used MacBook I purchased from a reputable store here in Morocco last year. Initially, everything seemed fine—it was clean and performed well. However, last month, I encountered an issue where the MacBook was filled with caches or other files, prompting me to perform a factory reset.

During this reset, a large window popped up indicating that a certain company could control the MacBook due to some sort of MDM (Mobile Device Management) setup. I reached out to the company's support team, explaining the situation and providing evidence of my purchase. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a response from them.

I'm now at a loss for what to do next. If anyone in the community has faced a similar situation or has any suggestions on how to proceed, I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Thank you for your help.

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 10:14 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 10:43 AM in response to reda190

reda190 wrote:

I wanted to share my recent experience with a used MacBook I purchased from a reputable store here in Morocco last year. Initially, everything seemed fine—it was clean and performed well. However, last month, I encountered an issue where the MacBook was filled with caches or other files, prompting me to perform a factory reset.
During this reset, a large window popped up indicating that a certain company could control the MacBook due to some sort of MDM (Mobile Device Management) setup. I reached out to the company's support team, explaining the situation and providing evidence of my purchase. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a response from them.
I'm now at a loss for what to do next. If anyone in the community has faced a similar situation or has any suggestions on how to proceed, I would greatly appreciate your advice.
Thank you for your help.

There is nothing you can do to remove the MDM profile only the company can do it.

Report the issue with the reputable store you bought it from.

Otherwise you have a useless Macbook

mdm enrollment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.