Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Dual monitors/KVM not working

I have a new Macbook Air (M3 chip) and a work laptop (PC). I want to connect my dual monitors to a KVM docking station so I can switch between the two.

I bought the Anker 554 USB C docking station/KVM switch. I can easily switch between computers, but my Macbook Air will only mirror the display.

I have the laptop closed (as instructed) and when I check the monitor settings, it "sees" one of the external monitors, but not the other.

Do I need a different docking station? If yes, does anyone know which one I should get?

Thanks for your help!

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 10:21 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 12:50 PM in response to Luv2Lindy

Macs don't support driving two monitors from one host port, unless

• That port is a Thunderbolt port.
  • The device immediately attached to it is a Thunderbolt device, such as a Thunderbolt dock.

Some Thunderbolt docks let you hook two non-Thunderbolt monitors, with resolutions of up to 4K, to them – if the host PC or Mac supports multiple displays. Display arrangements vary from dock to dock.

Dual monitors/KVM not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.