Which fast mac mini hub with NVME ssd for mac mini m2 16 GB 512 GB

I am about to buy the mac mini m2 (2023) m2 with 16 GB and 512 GB drive.

I am looking for a fast mac mini hub which will be fast enough to work with this mac mini M2.

Are there good suggestions and what brands and payable?

I think that i will mount a NVME ssd in this hub..

Any good suggestions..?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 2:31 PM

If you want the maximum speed from the NVME drive it should be installed in a TB enclosure connected to one of the TB ports on the mini. Then you can get a less expensive hub if you want to add some additional USB ports.

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 26, 2024 5:22 AM in response to Osx Sranang

FWIW, depending on what you will be using the external drive for, spending the extra money on a Thunderbolt enclosure may not be a wise use of your money. If its purpose is only for external data storage, music libraries or video libraries, some of the latest USB-C enclosures will be more than fast enough for these purposes.

I have a Sabrent USB-C enclosure that supports USB 3.2 with a Samsung PRO 980 that is more than fast enough to supply the above mentioned needs and the enclosure was a 1/4 of the cost of a Thunderbolt or USB4 enclosure.

Sabrent USB-C enclosure

Apr 25, 2024 5:25 AM in response to Osx Sranang

I agree with @Tbirdvet that you should go with a separate enclosure for the drive.

While having it inside a hub package may seem convenient at first, if for what ever reason you may want to gain access to the drive, it would mean tearing down a whole setup in most cases. In a separate enclosure you just unplug the drive and do what you need to do leaving the rest of your setup intact.

Which fast mac mini hub with NVME ssd for mac mini m2 16 GB 512 GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.