11pro screen wakes with black screen with white lettering while charging at night

I have found my 11pro screen awake with a black screen and only the white lettering at the bottom and the date. This has happened at night while my iPhone is charging and locked like it normally is but no locked screen wallpaper. This has happened a handful of times to my knowledge, not sure exactly how many times due to I’m asleep. The times I have discovered it doing that the phone stays “awake” til I tap the screen which brings my normal wallpaper wake screen. I have restarted my iPhone and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Could it be a bug from an update?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 9:49 AM

Same here, seems to be a bug related to the iPhone 11 Pro introduced from one of the last updates

Just reported it here:

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

4 replies

May 26, 2024 4:19 AM in response to LifeIntheCards

Mine is doing this as well. It does not matter what kind of charger I use. I have used the usually plug in charger and the one the phone lays on. In both instances the screen goes black with white lettering. If I touch it the wallpaper comes on and then the screen turns off as usual when I press the button on the top right side. Phone still works fine it’s just annoying waking up and my phone is lit up.

11pro screen wakes with black screen with white lettering while charging at night

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.