Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

macbook reset gone wrong

hello, i attempted to reset my MacBook yesterday. I started wiping and resetting everything, but when it came time to download MacOs again from the same menu, i was unable to do so as I was without wifi. i received my new router today, however, yesterday i was still without wifi. i was left without MacOs on my MacBook, which i’m sure would have been okay, because i would be able to download it back somehow. However, at that point, I was unable to proceed with the process. But the issue I have is that even though I have Windows Bootcamp installed, I can't go back to Mac because it's not installed on my machine anymore, and pressing Command + R doesn't really accomplish anything. But the thing is, im trapped on Windows because I had Windows Bootcamp installed and can't go back to Mac because it's obviously not installed on my system anymore. I can't even use command + R on Windows to go back to the menu i was in.

if I am not absolutely done for, i’d really appreciate it if someone left me an instruction on what to do, as I am not very skilled with computers. 

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 12:23 PM

2 replies

macbook reset gone wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.