Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I cant connect iphone and ipad to new mac mini

I can't connect iPhone and iPad to the new Mac Mini. The popup says that the Mac mini is not supported. It is a new Mac mini, and I have updated my iPhone and iPad to my current IOS. Please help. I use Airdrop a lot, and now I am unable to with this new Mac mini. Thank for any advice.

Mac mini

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 12:47 PM

7 replies

Apr 25, 2024 4:38 AM in response to revron209

Forget about Bluetooth pairing. Macs, iPhones, and iPads don't support Bluetooth pairing with each other – even though they sometimes use Bluetooth to communicate.

Mostly they work together cloud services (such as iCloud and e-mail) and Continuity features.

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

What is iCloud? - Apple Support

Set up iCloud on your Mac - Apple Support

iCloud+ - Apple

Apr 25, 2024 12:59 PM in response to revron209

This looks like you're trying to pair using Bluetooth. You don't need to do this, the devices will automatically talk to each other and give you features like AirDrop and other features without you having to pair them through bluetooth. Apple is pretty "magical" in how the communicate with each other and that they just work, as long as they are all signed into the same AppleID then most of the features will work automatically and you'll get great results without having to directly connect them.

Not sure exactly what you're trying to do to be able to assist with getting the feature that you're trying to do setup so if you were to let us know what you're wanting to do exactly we can assist you with setting that feature up to work correctly.

I cant connect iphone and ipad to new mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.