Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Impossible to access macbook

my device password stopped working and i have no idea what my apple id password is as I never used it. I tried everything but I cannot enter in any way

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 12:58 PM

5 replies

Apr 24, 2024 4:03 PM in response to Febbricitante

Febbricitante wrote:

my device password stopped working and i have no idea what my apple id password is as I never used it. I tried everything but I cannot enter in any way

see if there is anything here—

Reset your Mac login password - Apple Support

macOS User Guide - Apple Support

If you can't reset your Mac login password

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212190

Apr 24, 2024 7:47 PM in response to Febbricitante

Right now, that Mac is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen Mac.

You’ll need to recover access to that Apple ID, or provide sufficiently convincing proof of ownership to Apple.

For recovering access to your own Apple ID:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple’s I Forgot Service

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Here’s how to submit your proof of ownership to Apple via an Activation Lock request:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Apr 24, 2024 7:40 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you but I cannot find anything helpful. I can add more info though. A couple of years ago my wife offered me my first apple product, a macbook pro m1, I most probably started it by creating an apple id (@iCloud.com) and then forgetting such id. This month I bought my first iPhone and I used an @gmail account as a new apple id. The two devices result in my @gmail account but when I switch on the macbook I cannot login anymore with the usual password. As I tried everything I could find, I even started the erase process but I get stuck because in a way or another I have to type in the password of the old appleid that I never used. Is there anymore information I can provide to help me? Thanks again

Apr 24, 2024 8:06 PM in response to MrHoffman

Thanks, I did the forgot your appleid password from my iphone and it said account recovery information will be available in 17 hours (I tried the same earlier today). If nothing works, I will start the proof of ownership process. I imagine I’ll have to provide card payments or receipts or anything like that? The fact I have the macbook in my devices in the @gmail appleid account that I can access from my iphone cannot help? Thanks again for the help

Apr 25, 2024 8:56 AM in response to Febbricitante

Apple suggests not accessing anything related to the Apple ID being recovered until the completion of the recovery process.

Once this Apple ID is recovered, consider setting up recovery contacts, a trusted telephone number, maybe a legacy contact, and maintain those details.

Same as should be enabled for any other Apple IDs that might be in use here.

Use a robust password and two-factor authentication as well, as a compromised Apple ID can end very badly.

Impossible to access macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.