Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

After upgrading to iOS 17.x I have lost the ability to answer incoming calls.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max 256 GB, running iOS 17.4.1. Which is the current latest version. Since upgrading to iOS 17 I have lost the ability to answer the phone when the phone is locked. The phone rings, but there is no popup, nor is there any slider allowing me to answer the call. No focus activated, so it's not do not disturb kicking in. It's really frustrating. I have seen similar questions here, but none of the answers have been of any help.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 1:31 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2024 9:02 AM in response to HJV2

It's not always the iOS update's fault!  Many things can cause phone problems.  If you tell people you think it's an iOS update, it might make it harder to fix or find a solution for the real issue.

Remember, the right question often leads to the solution!

iOS updates aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. The majority of the issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

Kindly consider checking your settings and addressing any device issues before attributing the issue to external factors. This could be a pure coincidence that the iOS update affected the iPhone functions.

Before initiating a standard iOS update, it's advisable to create a backup. Have you completed this step? If yes, proceed with the restoration from the backup.

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

After upgrading to iOS 17.x I have lost the ability to answer incoming calls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.