Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

WiFi Card Disabled after Sonoma Update

Prior to Sonoma update everything worked for past 1.5 years. After the recent update, the wifi card is locked out from being able to turn on, look at details, or mark as inactive - yet, in booting into a Command-R system restore, the WiFi card works as designed. Its only after booting into Safemode or into new version of Sonoma where wifi card is completely disabled. No VPN is present; no Firewall exists; attempts to turn off and turn off via terminal window failed; attempts to rename Preference files under system configuration have no effect. There is no rollback or timemachine backup that I can see that Mac OS should have initialized prior to the update... The MacBook Pro is now completely useless - a very expensive paperweight - and no, cant download anything because the wifi is disabled at the OS software level. So, Mac - tell me how to fix this so that I can use the MacBook Pro again versus this HP Envy 360 (MSoft - Win11 Pro) that seems to work fine.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 3:02 PM

1 reply

WiFi Card Disabled after Sonoma Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.