Chart with items

Hey there, I'm attempting to create a simple chart with two distinct colors. Not sure if I'm going about this correctly, but I want to display negative values in one column and positive values in another. Is there a way to consolidate everything into one column and still have two different colors?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 7:29 PM

The only way to get two colors is to have two series, like you are doing. A single series is a single color.

You could have all your data in one column and, using formulas, break it into two columns for the chart. Then hide those two columns.

Formula in C2 =IF(B2<0,B2,"")

Formula in D2 =IF(B2>0,B2,"")

Fill down with both.

Make the chart from the full columns C and D (Table 1::C, not a range like Table 1::C2:C5) then hide columns C and D.

Using the full column makes sure it will expand automatically if you add new rows vs having to edit the ranges for the chart.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2024 7:29 PM in response to RaulJ

The only way to get two colors is to have two series, like you are doing. A single series is a single color.

You could have all your data in one column and, using formulas, break it into two columns for the chart. Then hide those two columns.

Formula in C2 =IF(B2<0,B2,"")

Formula in D2 =IF(B2>0,B2,"")

Fill down with both.

Make the chart from the full columns C and D (Table 1::C, not a range like Table 1::C2:C5) then hide columns C and D.

Using the full column makes sure it will expand automatically if you add new rows vs having to edit the ranges for the chart.

Chart with items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.