Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 13 Pro Max overheating while plugged in

It’s charging slow it’s overheating really hot when I charge it when I use it even when it turns off

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 4:39 PM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 4:45 PM in response to Shytown406

So you are seeing a warning on your iPhone which says you can't use it until it cools down, with a thermometer symbol on the screen? If no, your iPhone is NOT overheating. When you charge an iPhone, especially with a fast charger, charging a battery generates heat, which is normal. When you do things on your iPhone, like stream videos, play games, or anything which requires the battery to work hard, it generates heat.

If using the phone normally it shuts down with a thermometer symbol, then schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation. Otherwise, the conditions you describe are pretty normal.

I would recommend you check your Battery Health. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health - If you are close to or below 80%, it's time to pay Apple to replace the battery in your phone. A battery at that level will generate more heat when charging or being used as the battery will have used it's useful life.

iPhone 13 Pro Max overheating while plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.