Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Originally on T-Mobile using their SIM card, switched to ATT, t-mobile sim is still in my iPhone 12pro - can I not use this card to switch back to T-mobile?

I am trying to leave AT&T and switch back to my original provider T-Mobile. I bought my iPhone 12 Pro through T-Mobile. My Sim card is from T-Mobile. I got approval to unlock from AT&T. However, I don’t know why I would need to buy a brand new Sim card since the original SIM card is from T-Mobile. Please help.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 4:46 PM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 4:50 PM in response to Bluemagnet13

Carriers do not normally charge for a SIM Card. After all, you are likely committing to a year or more of service from the carrier.

Ask T-Mobile what you need to do and proceed. If they say that you will need a new SIM card, you will need a new SIM card.

If they tell you there is a charge for this, you'll have to work it out with T-Mobile.

Originally on T-Mobile using their SIM card, switched to ATT, t-mobile sim is still in my iPhone 12pro - can I not use this card to switch back to T-mobile?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.