How to stop Mac from going Full Screen upon Control+F command

I have an issue where when i’m playing a game (roblox) and i accidentally press control+f it goes in and out of full screen causing my game to pause mid game. I’ve looked up videos about changing the command but even when i do the control+f command still works even tho i just made a command to overrule it any tips?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 5:08 PM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2024 2:47 AM in response to zyan162

zyan162 wrote:

I have an issue where when i’m playing a game (roblox) and i accidentally press control+f it goes in and out of full screen causing my game to pause mid game. I’ve looked up videos about changing the command but even when i do the control+f command still works even tho i just made a command to overrule it any tips?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]
  • Control-Command-F: Use the app in full screen, if supported by the app.

The quoted " control+f " is not a Native Apple Keyboard command to execute a Full Screen Mode

Mac keyboard shortcuts

Suggest review what Keyboard Shortcut the user may have created to enable the " control+f " to Full Screen Mode

Create keyboard shortcuts for apps on Mac

Apr 24, 2024 8:41 PM in response to zyan162

In my experience, handling issues with keybindings in games like Roblox often involves editing settings directly through the game's own options or through external software specifically designed to manage keyboard inputs. If changing the keybinding within Roblox itself isn't working, you might try using a third-party software like AutoHotkey to disable or reassign the Ctrl+F function entirely while you're in the game. This approach usually helps avoid unintended disruptions caused by accidental key presses.

How to stop Mac from going Full Screen upon Control+F command

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.