Presenter Overlay Not Working at All

I have a 2020 macbook air with a 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7. I recently upgraded to Sonoma 14.4.1 and the presenter overlay feature is not working at all. I have tried sharing my screen from Facetime, OBS and Zoom and nothing works. When click on the screen sharing icon after I share the option for presenter overlay is simply not there.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 7:02 PM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2024 10:51 AM in response to bekaras

bekaras wrote:

I have a 2020 macbook air with a 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7. I recently upgraded to Sonoma 14.4.1 and the presenter overlay feature is not working at all. I have tried sharing my screen from Facetime, OBS and Zoom and nothing works. When click on the screen sharing icon after I share the option for presenter overlay is simply not there.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/5ff9614b-fc3e-4397-9d04-91fd0d48b334

For your third party app—

if in doubt search the developers website or contact their: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/updates…

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Apr 26, 2024 1:18 PM in response to bekaras

After 2 hours of searching and troubleshooting, I found this tiny fine print: Requires macOS Sonoma or later on a Mac with Apple silicon on Use Reactions, Presenter Overlay, and other effects when videoconferencing on Mac - Apple Support (PH)

The page only came up when I searched "mac presenter overlay "intel" chip". NOWHERE else online does it say that intel chips are not supported. It seems to be that this is something that should be mentioned a lot. Not everyone has the latest mac...

Presenter Overlay Not Working at All

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.