Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: About eSIM on iPhone

How do i change the eSIM on my iPhone

Can I change the eSIM on my phone. I believe my phone has been compromised/hacked/mirrored, etc... I changed number on my phone still some how hackers got access to my text messages and one of my email accounts. I removed this phone from my email account and changed my pass word. And then changed my number as well. Somehow when I logged in on my email they had access again. How do I get rid of them?

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 7:24 PM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2024 10:37 PM in response to kerwin180

If you feel an unauthorized person/app is remotely using, controlling or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't plug in your device in Airports and Public places through third-party cables and trust the device. Beware of Juice Jacking. (Especially in India)
  7. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls, etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware *** unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed them on your device or/and have Jailbroken

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful you are in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password, etc with your friends and family members.

Be judicious when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

**The primary reason for this is Sandboxing. All third-party apps are “sandboxed”, so they are restricted from accessing files stored by other apps or from making changes to the device. Sandboxing is designed to prevent apps from gathering or modifying information stored by other apps.

Security of runtime process in iOS and iPadOS - Apple Support

The sandbox on an iPhone is a security feature that creates a restricted environment for each app to run in isolation from other apps and the operating system. It is a core component of iOS's security architecture and plays a crucial role in making iPhones more secure.

If you doubt the authenticity of the information provided earlier, you have two alternatives:

1. Report the hacking incident to local law enforcement authorities and actively pursue the case.
  2. Accept the credibility of the information; it is impervious to hacking. Just as some individuals hold unconventional beliefs, such as a flat Earth or moon landing denial, one has the freedom to believe in anything. The choice ultimately rests with you in this open and free world.

Apr 24, 2024 10:39 PM in response to kerwin180

Hack or Prank?

It is highly unlikely that skilled hackers would choose to invest their time and resources into monitoring an unknown person's device and accessing text messages and emails. Firstly, hacking requires a certain level of expertise, knowledge, and tools, which can be quite valuable assets. A proficient hacker typically has a specific agenda, such as gaining unauthorized access to sensitive information, financial gain, or advancing their own personal or political interests.

Monitoring your iPhone would not yield any substantial benefits for a hacker. It would be a trivial and unproductive pursuit that lacks any significant value or purpose. Additionally, hacking activities are often motivated by tangible gains, such as financial rewards, access to valuable data, or the ability to manipulate systems for personal or ideological motives. Monitoring someone's device or accessing text messages and emails would not offer any meaningful advantage or serve a legitimate purpose but pranks would.

Moreover, hacking is an inherently risky activity that can have serious legal consequences. Engaging in unauthorized access, surveillance, or invasion of privacy is illegal in most jurisdictions. Skilled hackers typically operate with more calculated precision, targeting high-value entities or systems that present greater opportunities for achieving their objectives. The risks associated with hacking a device would far outweigh any potential benefits, making it an illogical and unprofitable endeavor.

In summary, hackers typically focus their efforts on more lucrative targets that align with their motives and offer substantial rewards. Investing time and resources into monitoring a device and accessing text messages and emails would be an inefficient and unproductive use of their skills, knowledge, and tools.

To protect your devices and personal information, it is crucial to follow good security practices such as using strong and unique passwords, keeping your software up to date, being cautious with email attachments and links, and ensuring that your devices have appropriate security measures in place.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > your name > Password & Security.Tap Turn On Two-Factor Authentication. Then tap Continue and follow the onscreen instructions.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support (IN)

Beware of Phishing!: Be careful and be smart to --> Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls ...

It (Phishing) may appear as the image given below.

Gain control of your Apple ID

If your Apple ID password has been changed by someone else, reset your password. Go to appleid.apple.com to update any personal or security information that isn't correct or that you don't recognize.27-Mar-2023

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Apr 24, 2024 10:37 PM in response to kerwin180

Report the Hacking incident to the Authorities:

• Contact your local law enforcement agency: File a police report as soon as possible. This creates an official record of the scam/hack and helps them track these criminals. You can usually find the non-emergency number for your local police department online or by calling your information line (e.g., 411).
  • Gather your evidence: The fact that you have the box, receipt, photos, and screenshots is fantastic! This strengthens your case considerably. Bring these items with you when you file the report, or if reporting online, clearly list them and offer to send them electronically.

Strengthening Your Case:

• Provide details: Be thorough when explaining the scam/hack. Include dates, times, names (if any), contact methods, and a detailed explanation of how the scam/hack unfolded.
  • Financial records: If you lost money, include any bank statements or transaction records related to the scam.
  • Online presence: If the scam/hack happened online, provide screenshots of the scammer's/hacker's profile, website, or any online interactions you had.

Filing the Report:

• Request a copy: Once you've filed the report, ask for a copy for your records. This will include a reference number, which may be helpful for future inquiries.
  • Report online (if available): Many police departments allow you to file reports online. This can be a convenient option, but be sure to follow up with a phone call if you have any complex details or significant losses.

Following Up:

• Be persistent: Scams/hacks can take time to investigate. While there's no guarantee they'll catch the perpetrator, be persistent in checking on the progress of your case. Maintain a polite and professional tone when following up.

Additional Resources:

• Consider reporting the scam/hack to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ This helps them track scam/hack trends and develop consumer protection resources.
  • Depending on the type of scam/hack, there may be specialized reporting agencies as well.

By taking these steps, you not only increase the chances of recovering your losses but also help law enforcement track down these criminals and protect others from falling victim.

How do i change the eSIM on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.