Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Documents / Storage under Setting taking up 27.4 GB

Dear Apple Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a concerning issue I have encountered with my Apple device MacBook M1

Upon reviewing my storage usage, I have noticed that an empty document folder is occupying an unusually large amount of space on my device. Despite the folder being empty, it is currently taking up approximately 27.4GB of storage capacity.

Given that there are no files or documents stored within the folder, I am puzzled as to why it is consuming such a significant amount of space. This has led to considerable inconvenience as it has limited the available storage capacity on my device, impacting its performance and usability.

I have attempted to troubleshoot the issue by restarting my device and performing a storage optimization, but the problem persists. As such, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter promptly.

Could you please investigate the root cause of this issue and provide guidance on how it can be addressed? Whether it requires a software update, configuration adjustment, or any other solution, I am eager to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

If additional information or diagnostic data is needed from my end to assist with troubleshooting, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will gladly provide it.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter and for your prompt assistance in resolving this issue. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Warm regards,

Asha

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 10:48 PM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2024 2:05 AM in response to asha_kanta_sharma

asha_kanta_sharma wrote:

Dear Apple Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a concerning issue I have encountered with my Apple device MacBook M1

Upon reviewing my storage usage, I have noticed that an empty document folder is occupying an unusually large amount of space on my device. Despite the folder being empty, it is currently taking up approximately 27.4GB of storage capacity.

Given that there are no files or documents stored within the folder, I am puzzled as to why it is consuming such a significant amount of space. This has led to considerable inconvenience as it has limited the available storage capacity on my device, impacting its performance and usability.

From your above description - this sounds like the Computer may be running out of Empty Space on the Internal Drive.

Go Utilities >> Disk Utilities

Refer to image below

What does it report as Used and Free space ?

Documents / Storage under Setting taking up 27.4 GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.