Suddenly My Apps are using 1.81 TB of my 2TB drive

All my applications were taking up little room on my hard drive, but suddenly it shot up. I noticed and have been watching as this is a newer MacBook Pro. My old one was much smaller and yet I had the same necessary apps. I do have Adobe cloud Lightroom and Photoshop Cloud. All photos are on external drives. I recently created a video on Final Cut Pro. I spent the day cleaning off documents and moving the FCP library to an external drive as I suspected FCP cache was full. So I cleaned that up and it didn't change much at all. I'm at lost at what to do next.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 10:23 PM

13 replies

Apr 25, 2024 12:52 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

9.5 mb on the external drive. I deleted all my past videos and cleaned up the rendered files. On my Mac hard drive there is no longer anything as deleted it all except for FCP install. I set it to reference the external drive. Applications take up 1.71 TB (w/ everything else 1.81 TB) of the 2 TB drive. FCP is 5.14 GB. I've been deleting some of my other software and reinstalling. One wasn't apple related but it changed from 7GB to 2GB after. The only other software that is big is Adobe Lightroom Classic (4.51GB) and Photoshop (5.14GB).

Apr 25, 2024 1:45 PM in response to patdpoo

27GB is more reasonable for your application space, especially for the large ones you have like FCP.

Could you post a screenshot of the Storage use from About This Mac, just to see where the content actually is. You don’t happen to have Daisy Disk or a similar application. Very useful utility to see where exactly your space is going.

Suddenly My Apps are using 1.81 TB of my 2TB drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.