Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

When I minimize applications, it's like the phone is restarting them.

I'm experiencing a problem with my iPhone. When I minimize applications, it's like the phone is restarting them. For example, when I'm listening to music on Spotify and I stop using it for a bit, then try to play the music again, it's gone. I have to open Spotify and find my playlist again. This also happens with other apps, like my banking app. If I check my digital code card and then go back into the app, I have to start over from the beginning, going through all the steps again. This is driving me crazy.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 11:26 PM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 11:37 PM in response to chrifo15

To reset all settings on your iPhone without erasing personal data, follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Go to General and scroll to the bottom.
  3. Tap Transfer or Reset iPhone.
  4. Select Reset.
  5. Choose Reset All Settings and confirm your choice​ (support.apple)​​ (macReports)​.

This action restores various system settings to their defaults, including network, location, privacy, and keyboard settings, without deleting data or media. If you have issues with apps restarting when minimized or similar, resetting all settings might resolve them.

This step worked for you and could be a useful fix if you're facing similar issues. If the problem persists, a more drastic solution like a factory reset might be needed. Before factory resetting, back up your data​ (support.apple)​.

If you need further assistance, Apple Support can help​ (Digital Citizen)​.

When I minimize applications, it's like the phone is restarting them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.