Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Unable to register my Face ID on Xs max

I am unable to register my Face ID on Xs max, whenever I try it just don’t recognize or notice my face at all so I’m unable to register my face

iPhone XS Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 1:27 AM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2024 2:01 AM in response to preshpr

Try and force restart the iPhone to see if the issue persists

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the side button.

If the issue persists there is a chance that your Face ID is disabled, most of the times this is caused due to a problem with the TrueDepth camera. Please update your iPhone to the latest avaliable software version and if this is not working, please Contact - Official Apple Support to get further hardware assistance

Apr 25, 2024 2:01 AM in response to preshpr

Try the instructions in the following guides to address the Face ID issues that you are having.

👉 If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

👉 If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the guides, above, do not help resolve the Face ID issues, then contact 👉 Official Apple SupportOR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

Unable to register my Face ID on Xs max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.