Pages Not Saving As Word Doc/In Word File Format

When I try to save a document I created in Pages as a Word (docx) file, I get an error message that the document cannot be save as a Word (docx) file. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 1:42 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2024 5:28 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry, I should've rephrased: when I try to export from Pages to docx, it says [name of Pages document] cannot be exported to docx. But I can't find any explanation as to why this is happening. I can export to PDF, Rich Text, etc., but not docx. (I'm running Pages on a Macbook Pro, OS is Montery 12.7.2.) Thanks again!

Apr 26, 2024 5:54 AM in response to Danger Mountain

If you have used features available only to Pages but not translatable into Word docx format, then the export facility may refuse to export it. I have never personally encountered this with any version of Pages across years of usage, so can't be of much help with what to change in your Pages document.

An alternative may be to export as RTF and then open in the current LibreOffice 24.2.2, then save as Word 2010 - 365 (.docx). That is a PITA but Pages isn't going to cooperate with .docx.

Pages Not Saving As Word Doc/In Word File Format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.