Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

small drop of tea (no sugar just milk) on mouse track pad

Im freaking out a bit. A few minutes ago a few drops of tea from my tea bag (i was throwing it away after use) got on my macbook air track pad (latest model) it was such a small amount but i saw some got in the corner of the track pad so i wiped it and then blew on it to get it out (was this a mistake?) i see none now but i don’t know if i accidentally made it worse by blowing on it (i blew on it to try and get it out but maybe that made it leak in?) i turned it off after a couple minutes and put it upside down but nothing has come out and idk what else to do. i’m out of the country with no where to take it. will it break from such a small amount? it was working just fine no problems before i turned it off and i’m too scared to turn it back on. help!!

MacBook Air 15″

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 2:03 AM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2024 5:45 AM in response to lizzyrmorrison

There's basically nothing you can do other than give it some time to dry out. The drops may or may not have leaked inside and there is no way to know if any did unless an Apple technician opens your MBAir and checks for water detection.

If you had spilled an entire cup of tea on your MBAir that would be quite a different matter! And it would be potentially more serious if the tea had gotten on the keyboard. But you said it was just a few drops on the trackpad; and of that even less in the corner.

You do have to restart your Mac in order to see if there are any problems. Restarting alone will not cause any problems and your MBAir will not break from doing that. *If* there is any problem it may be something with the trackpad, but you must use it in order to tell.

small drop of tea (no sugar just milk) on mouse track pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.