Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

updating mac from other other resources

hey there. i have a mac book pro 2019 and because of my weak internet connection ive been struggling with updates for the last few years. the file either failes to be downloaded or its downloaded uncomplete and it does not install.

my question is: can i download mac file from other websites using download manager and update my existing mac system with that ?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 2:18 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2024 2:25 AM in response to sepideh115

sepideh115 wrote:

hey there. i have a mac book pro 2019 and because of my weak internet connection ive been struggling with updates for the last few years. the file either failes to be downloaded or its downloaded uncomplete and it does not install.
my question is: can i download mac file from other websites using download manager and update my existing mac system with that ?

No > to files from Other Websites

You can move the computer to another location where Internet reliables are better and faster like a Public Library, Coffee Shop, School / University etc

But attempting to download macOS from any website other than from Apple is highly Not suggested

Besides, what makes the user believe that downloading macOS from another Website will solve their " my weak internet connection " ?

Apr 25, 2024 3:23 AM in response to sepideh115

sepideh115 wrote:

Thank you ill try that.
Well downloading from other resources let me use IDM which saves the data, if the connection slows down or gets cut off.

Unless you can find the Apple Web Servers exactly URL to affect this download

Do not use this method is what I suggest

With the built in update system when the internet connection slows the whole thing stops and i should start downloading the entire thing again.

Terminal Command below

softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 14.4.1

Suggest Copy and Paste the command

updating mac from other other resources

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.