Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Privacy screen covers menu bar on macbook pro

Has anyone figured out a way to deal with using a privacy screen on a Macbook Pro with a notch? the top of the screen magnetically attaches to the macbook pro. It works great, but it blocks the menu bar. I seem to remember, at some point in time, I was able to show the menu bar "Below" the notch, which would fix the problem. But I can't seem to find a way to enable that. Anyone have ideas? For now, I simply remove the privacy screen to find the menu bar item.

A search online only talks about "Scale to fit" for apps under the get info section, but I'm lookint to muve the bar below the notch for general use and for the finder.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 4:50 AM

This the only way I know Say No to Notch on the Mac App Store (apple.com)

3 replies

Apr 25, 2024 4:49 AM in response to Ethan Becker

I found an answer: an app called "Say No To Notch" search it on the appstore. It's exactly what I needed. Launche,d and the entire menu bar drops below the notch, so now, when the privacy screen is attatched, it no longer covers the menu bar. Then, when I'm done with the privacy screen I can simply toggle it back to normal.

I hope this helps others.

Oh, if someone knows a way to do this same effect with built in OS, in settings or something, please post how.

Privacy screen covers menu bar on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.