Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Is there a way to listen MP3 and simultaneously switch pages in Pages?

I am working on Guide book or music book for musical instrument, especially for Bass Guitar.

The book, contain written examples and has 12 chapters with each key. From C to Gb.

To work with the book need the 2 sources the playbacks and the pdf together.

(Maybe 1 if I can use the iPad for mp3 and to watch the pdf's together and switch pages)

Every key has 11-15 examples(depends on the neck and the positions)

The book has at least 12 mp3's.

In general this tool has 2 main files. PDF & MP3's.

I figure out that once I click on the mp3 embed file in the EPUB format, the file could be play it only on 1 page.

That's mean that the student can't run the file and to play all examples (11-15)for 1 key.

So after all I began to look for the solutions and find out this :

Solution N1

If the student want to play and go over the materials need to print the all pages and to use the iPad only as playback machine.

Solution N2

If the student want to play and go over the materials the student need to have a second device, or for example: to us his phone for the music but to watch all materials on the iPad.

If You are experienced user and have solution for this issue, kindly please answer.

Also if you know any applications that are using mp3's and pdf materials together please share. I will happy to see how other working in this situation.

Thank You so much!

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 7:03 AM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2024 7:05 AM in response to Vinnie777

ou're right, Pages on Mac doesn't currently allow simultaneous MP3 playback and page switching within the same document. Here are some alternative approaches to consider for creating your musical instrument guidebook with integrated audio examples:

1. Splitting the Workflow (Using Separate Apps):

• Pages for Content: Use Pages for creating your written content with images and diagrams.

• Music Player App: Utilize a separate music player app (like Music or a dedicated MP3 player) for playback of your audio examples.

• Link or Reference MP3s: Within your Pages document, you can create hyperlinks or reference points that correspond to the MP3 examples. This way, students can easily switch between the Pages document and the music player app to access the relevant audio.

2. Third-Party Apps (Limited Compatibility):

• Explore Interactive eBook Apps: Some third-party apps designed for creating interactive eBooks might offer features that allow embedding and playing audio within the document itself. However, compatibility with Pages documents and functionalities can vary. Research and test these apps before committing.

3. Consider Alternative Formats (Long-Term Solution):

• Dedicated EPUB Creation Software: EPUB is a format specifically designed for interactive eBooks and often allows embedding audio and other multimedia elements. While it might require learning new software, it could be a powerful solution in the long run, especially if you plan to create more interactive learning materials.

Additional Tips:

• Organization is Key: If using separate apps, ensure clear organization of your MP3 files and a naming convention that corresponds to the relevant sections in your Pages document.

• Consider Splitting the Book into Smaller Files: If the book is very large, consider splitting it into smaller chapter-based documents or downloadable MP3 packs to improve user experience.

Hope it helps, bro.

Apr 25, 2024 10:12 AM in response to MACopiloto

Hello Macopiloto!

Wow what amazing impact You draw here. There are no words to thank.

here is my solution to your answer.

I was thinking, can I upload the music files in Music or as we know iTunes and to sale them separately?

I do believe the music source Apple will be the best.

Please could You send me the link to upload the files to apple? I don't have idea how this works....

Or I can put it on Mega as a link but this gonna be headache in my opinion.

Also as You mention the music app will be much more appreciated and organized.

Thank You so much for Your time to write, somebody to point me where to go and give me direction is amazing.

Please send some links for music mp3 apps that are specific for those purposes and they can buy them not only to download.

Great answer thanks Bro!

Vinnie777

Is there a way to listen MP3 and simultaneously switch pages in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.