Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I have an old IPod Classic with lots of songs. Not working with my new car. What can I do to remedy this?

My IPod Classic worked for one day with the new car, but when plugged in to the AUX port, it does not register. Is it a hardware issue, if so, can I get my IPod repaired. Or do I transfer the music to my Android Phone if that is possible. Please help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 7:03 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2024 2:26 AM in response to mls6258

I'm not sure what you mean by "register", but a device plugged into the AUX port of your car will be accessible by using the AUX input of the car's audio system.

The car is unlikely to automatically switch to Aux and it will not display any information from the iPod. All it will do is send whatever the iPod is playing to the car's speakers, so you will not be able to control the iPod from the car's controls. When you have it plugged into the car's Aux socket you will need to start the iPod playing from the ipod itself.

mls6258 wrote:

Is it a hardware issue, if so, can I get my IPod repaired.

Does the iPod work with headphones?

Oh, and I assume that you are connecting to the Aux input on the car via a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from the iPod's headphone outlet. Is that so?

I have an old IPod Classic with lots of songs. Not working with my new car. What can I do to remedy this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.