White spots in night mode photos

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed white spots appearing in longer shutter speed photos taken in night mode. These dots don’t move when the camera moves, and the lens has been cleaned thoroughly. When you take the same photo at different zoom lengths, they shift but only to match the zoom.

I shoot with a DSLR so I know it’s not Lens flare like a lot of people experience, as this would appear to shift when the camera moves mid exposure. It appears like a DSLR with a dirty sensor would. Hoping that this isn’t the issue I am facing with my brand new iPhone 15 Pro

i tried the same photo setup on an iPhone 11 I have and it didn’t have this problem. See photos for details it’s quite hard to see with a white background but very clear when viewed in full screen

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 7:23 AM

5 replies

May 4, 2024 7:47 AM in response to j_richsmith

It's not unusual for a sensor to have a dead pixel or two-- this is true on your DSLR, as well. The processor is programed to compensate for them. But you show a bunch, here. This is an iPhone 11? It's possible this is from age. If I have some dead pixels where my 12's screen is cracked, I'd never know it. But you shouldn't see this on a brand new iPhone. If you do--take it back!

White spots in night mode photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.