Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can't find application anywhere on MacBook

Hi,

There are a couple of VPN/security applications that I needed to install on my computer to do remote work. One of them is Pulse Application. I have ran through the installation process a dozen times so I know the app is installed on my computer. Furthermore, when I go into my security and privacy settings and look at disc access, the pulse application shows up as an option (see image). So I know this application is downloaded on my computer.

I wanted to uninstall and re-install the application because there seems to be an error with the app connecting to the VPN.

However, I can't find the application anywhere on my disk. It's not in the applications folder and when searching in finder for my entire hard drive, there is no match.

If someone could tell me how to find this application that would be great.

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 8:20 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2024 4:46 PM in response to midnight-10

Most of the VPN software I see installed does NOT have an Application. They have extensions and login items and all sorts of stuff, but no .App.

To un-Install items that were installed by a Complex Installer, you can NOT drag and drop to un-install.

You need the complex Un-Installer available from the developer. Check their web site for specific instructions, and follow faithfully.

Can't find application anywhere on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.