Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

While accessing a local criminal court jury summons the website froze and the website was shut down. i won

Our local criminal court offers prospective jurors to register for duty online. During this process, and after I answered their questionnaire, my screen flashed and the website closed. Is this how Safari first responds to a hacking attack?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 9:11 AM

More likely a poorly designed web site created by the lowest-cost contracted developer selected by a bean-counting clerk.

2 replies

Apr 25, 2024 9:31 AM in response to winter_mt

Nope, not a hacking attack. Very likely a server failure on your government website. Try the process again if you have not done that already. In my experience, when dealing with any Government agency, you will get much more support from a phone call then trying to deal with them over a website. They will have other options for you to answer their questionnaire if it is unable to be done. They try to automate their services using the internet, but don't always have the best computers, servers, or software to be successful in their efforts.

While accessing a local criminal court jury summons the website froze and the website was shut down. i won

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.