Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How can I get a replacement for my damaged USB Cable?

see the look of my cable after two weeks. Never expected this kind of experience from apple. And i did ask for the warranty to get a replacement. They refused by saying no warranty for damages. What can i do? . So sad . Can anyone help me out to get replacement. Is there any way?. Does anyone had familiar experiences? Or am i only getting. Please someone help me for this.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 9:05 AM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2024 12:06 PM in response to Jishaadh

I have to offer a correction, and an apology. I recently got a new USB-C cable from Apple, and it seems that the newer ones that they sell do now come with a fabric-like outer protective insulation.

... so the one you show, could certainly be an official Apple cable.

Regardless, you would still need an Apple Technician to examine the cable to determine, whether or not, the damage is caused by a manufacturing defect if you are looking to get a replacement for free.

Apr 30, 2024 11:41 AM in response to Jishaadh

Came here with the exact same topic in mind.

Apple needs to address the newly emerging quality issues with their cables (accessories).

Writing in April 2024

• Had several new, out of the box cables that kept failing over the last past months: iPhone charging, MacBook Pro, Mac
  • New iPhone cables also have thinner, cheaper plastic protection than older
  • Woven cables have quality issues. Had to replace two.
  • Even "sturdy" Mac desktop woven cables are prone to failure.

PS.: I used to ALWAYS buy original Apple charging cables. There needs to be a bottom line of quality for the brand cables if Apple does not want to damage its quality reputation over something silly like cables. Clearly, the manufacturing process is not up to par.

How can I get a replacement for my damaged USB Cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.