Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 15 battery drain fast

6 days ago I sold my iPhone 11 device and bought an iPhone 15 128GB. After transferring the device, the battery drains very quickly. I get almost the same screen time as my iPhone 11 device, while it is observed for approximately 7-8 hours in the tests made on the internet, on my phone it lasts 4-5 hours, and when I turn the device on and off, my battery is 2% decrease . When i using Instagram, my battery does not drop at all after using the application. When I look at it 2 minutes after locking the screen and putting it aside, there is a 1-2% drop. On my device, background application refresh is turned off, automatic brightness is enabled, location services are set only when using or never, apple support every time I connect. After the tests he made, he said that my battery was normal and there was no need for service, the device was calibrated, but I was very upset that the battery drained so quickly. What can I do about this situation? Is there anyone who has experienced it?

iPhone 15

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 10:02 AM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2024 10:47 AM in response to baris_sevincx

It is not meaningful to compare the battery usage of two vastly different devices. Just 2 examples:

• The iPhone 11 has an LCD screen, the iPhone 15 has an OLED screen, which uses much more energy than LCD.
  • The iPhone 11 uses 4G/LTE, the iPhone 15 uses 5G and 5Guc (millimeter wave band); 5G uses much more energy than 4G; 5Guc (where available) will give use speeds up to 300mbps, but with still highter energy consumption.

You can get a closer comparison by going to Settings/Cellular/Cellular Data Options and changing Voice & Data from 5G to LTE, but presumably you bought the 15 for its 5G capability, so I can’t imagine why you would want to do that.

If you charge the phone overnight, every night (a best practice) and the phone does not need to be charged during the day, it is working as designed.

iPhone 15 battery drain fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.