Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Email contacts automatically being added to my phone!

I know this was a problem for many, and I'm wondering if it's been definitively resolved yet. Gmail is automatically putting the email addresses for anyone I email onto my phone. The only contacts I want on my phone are those I add manually. As for the solution of deleting contacts in my phone through my Gmail account, that isn't a solution as it wipes out all contacts, including those I put in by hand. So how do I fix this? I need to delete email contacts and make sure they are no longer being added to my phone contacts. I have an iPhone 6s in case that makes any difference.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 9:58 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2024 11:15 AM in response to appleneeds1

appleneeds1 wrote:

I know this was a problem for many, and I'm wondering if it's been definitively resolved yet. Gmail is automatically putting the email addresses for anyone I email onto my phone. The only contacts I want on my phone are those I add manually. As for the solution of deleting contacts in my phone through my Gmail account, that isn't a solution as it wipes out all contacts, including those I put in by hand. So how do I fix this? I need to delete email contacts and make sure they are no longer being added to my phone contacts. I have an iPhone 6s in case that makes any difference.

https://support.google.com/mail/?hl=en

Email contacts automatically being added to my phone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.