Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Restarting issues

I have an issue with this new Mac mini that I have gotten less than a week ago. It works great during the day when I'm using it. However, when I'm letting it sit for the night, when I come back to it in the morning I'm greeted with a message telling me that the computer has restarted due to an error. It loads everything back where it was before, but I have to reconnect my speakers which are Bluetooth for anything to play through them. I get a message with a report, but I don't know how to read it or even know where to start with. I have tried contacting Apple Support and they just are quick to jump to doing a restore and fail to understand that this has happened since I turned the computer on and there isn't anything that has been installed. Also, there is nothing physically connected to the computer besides the monitor and power. The rest is all an Apple Magic Mouse and Keyboard, and some Bluetooth speakers. When I manually turn off the computer and boot it back up then I don't have to connect to the speakers again as they will connect when the computer boots back up so I don't know if there is something there that is causing the issue. I'm not sure where to start and was hoping that someone at Apple Support would have been able to look at the report and give me some guidance, but like I said they are quick to just want to do a restore (which I understand) but was wondering if there was anyone that knows where I can go to get the report looked at and may have some idea where to start to get this resolved.

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 11:07 AM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2024 11:47 AM in response to ZintainUSA

The latest Mac's and macOS versions have an issues with computer sleep mode.

Some crash and force a restart, others just freeze up and are unresponsive.

As a test:

Turn On "Prevent automatic sleeping when display is off" and only allow the display to turn Off.

Leave the Mac ON and only allow the display to turn OFF during the day.

Then shutdown and startup for longer periods of non-use if you like.

Restarting issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.