Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

When I get a 6 digit code from Facebook it dissappears from messages on my iPhone

I was hacked on FB and when I try to get the 6 digit code send to me, it gets intercepted. It will not show up. It did show up once but disappeared immediately. How can I prevent this from happening?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 4:02 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2024 4:36 PM in response to garlandlee1975

check your iMessage settings, and check your deleted messages there is a option in iOS that allows those notifications to be sent to the deleted messages folder after the banner disappears.

One-time verification codes are filled in automatically, so you don’t need to leave the app or website you’re signing into. You can choose to automatically delete the verification codes after entering them with Autofill, or keep them.

1. Go to Settings, then tap Passwords.
  2. Tap Password Options, then turn Clean Up Automatically on or off.

When I get a 6 digit code from Facebook it dissappears from messages on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.