Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Still having that "Apple ID Locked for Security Reasons" bug happening, what's up?

Probably close to half the time I try to get on Apple.com, and try to sign in, I get the message my ID has been locked. This means I have to jump through at least half a dozen hoops, just to get back to signing, in, and that's only when it doesn't try to make me reset my password, or still won't let me in, etc.!

Is there even a hint of some way to stop this?a

[Edited by Moderator]

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.6

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 4:59 PM

7 replies

May 3, 2024 5:54 PM in response to Saxman

So did this regular locked error after you turned on stolen device protection? About Stolen Device Protection for iPhone - Apple Support

For the security delay issue. Have you declared the location Home, Work, School, etc on your device?

Add or change your home address in Maps on your iPhone or iPad

1. In the Maps app, scroll to Favourites and tap Add.
  2. Start to type the address you want to set as Home or Work, then tap the address when it's available.
  3. Scroll down to Type and tap My Home or My Work. ... 
  4. Tap Done.

Adding a familiar location on iPhone - Apple Community

May 1, 2024 9:24 AM in response to WheelieNick

MULTIPLE times, at least 50% of every time I sign, err, try to sign in... And I've spoken with Apple Support more than once, and the best they could tell me was to keep on reporting it, and sending feedback! I mean, I've read the accounts of others here, one guy saying it's happened over 100 times, and that he's informed Apple, and there are others, so you'd think they'd get some idea this is a real issue. It's odd, but this is at least the third issue with something not working right, that they seem to have no clue as to how to fix it.... where's Steve Jobs when we really need him.

May 3, 2024 11:34 AM in response to WheelieNick

I've done that several times, sent in feedback messages, and nothing is being done! It happened again just now, and then after going through several steps, it was send me a message on my phone to unlock it, but then the phone told me I was on a one-hour "security delay" because my phone was not in a familiar location. Uh, except it was in the same home I've been in for the past TEN YEARS! I'm really getting pretty disillusioned with all the bugs and glitches I'm dealing with on all my different Apple devices... nothing seems to work as it should, even brand new devices...

May 4, 2024 9:51 AM in response to shoeluvr13

No, the stolen protection has always been enabled, and my home address is already shown in my Favorites in Maps. There's no reason why my location should have been seen as somewhere "unfamiliar".

In fact, I was locked out again (of this site), just now as I came here to respond! That's why this issue is driving me nuts, it happens almost all the time....

Still having that "Apple ID Locked for Security Reasons" bug happening, what's up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.