Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to manage storage and also update my iPhone to latest iOS

I have WAY to much storage and it’s letting taken up bye apps BUT I HAVE NO APPS AND THE ONLY APPS I HAVE ARE THE DUMB ONE LIKE THE CLOCK AND APP STORE THAT I CANT DELETE LIKE WHAT THE FLIP HELP ME AND OTHER AND DATA FILES IS TAKING TO MUCH SPACE TO AND I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE BFFR APPLE. I DONT KNOW WHAT THE FLIP IS WRONG AND I SEARCH THINGS UP ON GOOGLE HELP ME BUT NOTHING BECAUSE I DOMT HAVE THE IOS 17 I HAVE THE IOS 14 SO THERES NO HELP LIKE APPLE HELP ME AND I TRY TO DOWNLOAD IOS 17 BUT I CANT SO HELP ME PLEASE APPLE PLEASE IM BEGGING.😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 5:33 PM

3 replies

Apr 25, 2024 6:24 PM in response to Soniacamila

Sorry, I don’t read posts that are in all upper case; they are too hard to read and understand.

It would be helpful if you would provide some basic information, such as the iPhone model, iOS version and storage. You can go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage and see how your storage is being used.

Here is some guidance on how to get the most out of Apple Support Communities→Writing an effective Apple Support Communities post

Apr 25, 2024 6:46 PM in response to Soniacamila

RE: "I DOMT HAVE THE IOS 17 I HAVE THE IOS 14"

I believe you can update your iPhone. How far you can update it will depend on the model.

If your iPhone is compatible with iOS 17, you can update to iOS 17.

iPhone models compatible with iOS 17 - Apple Support

If your iPhone is not compatible with iOS 17, but is compatible with iOS 16, you can update to iOS 16.

iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 are compatible with these devices - Apple Support

If your iPhone is not compatible with iOS 16 or 17, you can update to iOS 15. (As far as I know, all iPhones that are capable of running iOS 14 were eligible to update to iOS 15 when iOS 15 came out. So iPhones for which iOS 15 is the "end of the line" should still be able to update to it.)

To update, see:

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Updating iOS: common issues and solutions - Apple Community

How to manage storage and also update my iPhone to latest iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.