My iPhone can not AirDrop to my iPad

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with an AirDrop issue I am having.

I have an iPad Pro 11” 4th gen 17.4.1 iPadOS and a iPhone 15 pro 17.4.1 iOS. For some reason I can not AirDrop from my iPhone to my iPad. My iPhone does not “discover”/show my iPad as an option for a devise to AirDrop too. If I do the reverse iPad to iPhone no issues my iPad discovers my iPhone right away and allows me to AirDrop to it.

This has been going on for almost a month now and is very annoying. Right now the only way I can AirDrop anything from my iPhone to my iPad is if I AirDrop the photos/documents to my girlfriend iPhone or MacBook and then AirDrop them from one of her devices to my iPad. So clearly the AirDrop feature on my phone is working because it easily discovers all of my girlfriends devices and also all of my friends devices. Also my iPad and iPhone is discovered by all of my girlfriends devices and all my friends devices also discover my iPad iPhone.

Its very strange just my iPhone will not find my own iPad but yet my girlfriends iPhone, MacBook, and all my friends devices I can AirDrop to no problem. Literally if there was 10 other apple devices in the room my iPhone will find them all EXCEPT my OWN iPad.

Any suggestions for how to fix this issue. Yes Bluetooth and WiFi are no and im on the same WiFi network, yes I have AirDrop everyone on, yes I have hard restated both iPhone and iPad, yes I have latest OS downloaded

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 6:40 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2024 12:29 AM in response to GF99-99

Before you begin

• Make sure that the recipient you’re sending to is nearby and within Bluetooth range and that you both have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
  • Check that the recipient you’re sending to has their AirDrop set to receive from Everyone or Contacts Only.
  • If you’re not in their Contacts, have them set their AirDrop receiving setting to Everyone in order to receive the file.
  • If you’re in their Contacts and they set AirDrop to receive from Contacts Only, they need to have your Apple ID email address or phone number included in your contact card for AirDrop to work.

Apr 27, 2024 2:04 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks Sravankra but yeah I have done all of those bullet points and more!

It’s my OWN iPad and OWN iPhone!! they are about 2” from each other, Bluetooth and WiFi is on, AirDrop is set for everyone

As said before my iPhone finds everyone other apple device in the room but my iPad.

so yeah none of those are working any other suggestions??

My iPhone can not AirDrop to my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.