Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Macbook Pro is not recognising iPhone 12 Pro

Hi,

My Macbook Pro is not recognising my iPhone 12 pro. When I connect it with Type-C cable it does nothing. No blink or light nor showing in Finder.

Every thing is updated. I tried restarted and reset both.

Can anyone suggest what can we do in this. I am not able to transfer data.

Thanks

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 8:52 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2024 10:47 PM in response to Muzik_D

Hi Muzik_D,

Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Macbook Pro is not recognising iPhone 12 Pro :

When I connect it with Type-C cable it does nothing. No blink or light nor showing in Finder."

The way I understand it, not all cables can carry data, some cables are just for charging.

However using the charging cable for your iPhone would be ok.

Apple support's online article: Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable - Apple Support

says:

"If the cable (for charging your phone) isn’t compatible with the port on your computer,

you’ll need to use an adapter (sold separately)".

Note: If an alert appears on your iPhone asking whether to trust this computer, select Trust.

See the Apple Support article About the ‘Trust This Computer’ alert."

You may need to unlock the phone, then connect to Mac, and "trust" the computer.

Else see:

What to do: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

or

If you are trying to update or restore your iPhone :

See what to do: If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support for tips

All the best :-)

Apr 26, 2024 11:39 PM in response to brbo

Hi, @brbo,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

1. The cable I am using is the same which I used for my 14 Pro Max and it worked fine with charging or file transfer but not with iPhone 12 Pro.
  2. I tried adapter (type-c monitor port) and it start charging however unable to transfer file.
  3. No alert or blink is happening after connecting.
  4. I already factory reset 12 Pro but didn't solve the problem.

For the time being, I am using Airdrop. It is time taking and run only for 10-12 mins which is lesser for transfer 60GB data so I had to select files as per size and time to transfer keeping in mind.

It is very frustrating but took me whole night to fix this.

Your detailed answer is highly appreciated. Thanks

Macbook Pro is not recognising iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.