Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Cox email to Yahoo unable to add on MacBook Pro with Sonoma 14.4.1

Cox‘s email is now being handled through yahoo. I’ve successfully added my Cox account on yahoo to my iPhone, but I’m unable to do it on my MacBook Pro with the Sonoma 14.4.1 operating system. No matter what I do the status always remains “offline”. Anyone successfully been able to resolve this issue on the MacBook Pro with Sonoma?

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 8:43 PM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2024 1:47 PM in response to WildBillD

WildBillD wrote:

Cox‘s email is now being handled through yahoo. I’ve successfully added my Cox account on yahoo to my iPhone, but I’m unable to do it on my MacBook Pro with the Sonoma 14.4.1 operating system. No matter what I do the status always remains “offline”. Anyone successfully been able to resolve this issue on the MacBook Pro with Sonoma?

yes—

Cox to Yahoo issues

https://forums.cox.com/discussions/internet/using-yahoo-email-in-mac-os-mail-app/151730/replies/151736

May 1, 2024 11:39 AM in response to WildBillD

Exact same problem. On Sonoma 14.3.1. Setup on Yahoo Mail via web. Connects fine when setting it up on my iPhone. But Mail on laptop will not connect. I've seen several "solutions" but nothing works. Some mention editing SMTP and IMAP settings but when you add Yahoo account to mail server settings do not allow for this.

Looking at logs via Connection Doctor it looks like it's trying to connect to imap.cox.net which will, of course, fail. So IF I can find a way to edit the imap settings for the account it SHOULD work. We'll see.

You could use the yahoo mail app on the Mac but it is a real dog.

Cox email to Yahoo unable to add on MacBook Pro with Sonoma 14.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.