Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Will i ever get iPad Apple 10th generation unlocked

I can’t get my iPad to unlock! I am unable to get the information needed to unlock. Will I ever be able to unlock my iPad? I bought this iPad thinking I would be able to remember the email and iPhone codes would be able to unlock. I have serial number and model number! That’s all the info I have. Such a security system that you ever completion of the unlocks email address and phone numbers, was long ago.

iPad (10th generation)

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 8:40 PM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2024 9:48 PM in response to Riasdoor62

Hi Riasdoor62,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Will i ever get iPad Apple 10th generation unlocked

I can’t get my iPad to unlock! I am unable to get the information needed to unlock".

Wondering what information you are needing:

If you forgot your iPad passcode, use your Mac or PC to reset it - Apple Support

If you don't have a Mac or PC, you may need to ask someone else for help, see if they will help in using theirs.

Or

For iPadOS 15.2 or later

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode

Or

If you see a iPhone, iPad, or Apple Vision Pro unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

You can use your Apple ID and password to erase and reset your device without a computer.

(See below for what to do if you forgot your Apple ID and /or Apple ID password.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: "I bought this iPad thinking I would be able to remember the email and iPhone codes would be able to unlock. I have serial number and model number! That’s all the info I have".

Wondering if you have kept the information you need securely put away safely somewhere, eg: with the PIN you use for a bank card or account, or with passwords you use online, or with a passport or other ID info. or with other important paperwork like warranties or guarantees, or with the packaging that cam with the iPad.

Else: If you need your Apple ID (usually an email address, but in some countries can be a phone number)

you can look it up: See: If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

eg: Go to iCloud.com or appleid.apple.com and see if your Apple ID prefills on the sign-in screen. 

or

Enter information online to find your Apple ID: https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid

For your Apple ID password: See what to do: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Eg says:

Reset your Apple ID password on the web: How to: Reset your password at iforgot.apple.com

When possible, the web browser will redirect you to a trusted device.

If you don’t have a trusted device, you can still reset your password on the web – but the process may take a little longer. If you'll have access to one of your trusted devices soon, it may be faster and easier to reset

your password then.

Hope something here works for you :-)

Else: When you contact Apple for support:

you can use the serial number or the IMEI/MEID number to identify your device.

Finding your iPad serial number or IMEI

You can find your iPad serial number or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) on the iPad packaging. See the Apple Support article Find the serial number and other information on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

Proof of purchase: See if you have saved an emailed receipt from Apple, (eg: search email for messages from Apple) or a paper receipt you may have kept with the iPad packaging, or filed away with other important papers or warranties.

If purchased from Apple / Apple online /: there may be a record of your purchase transaction.

See how to: Update your proof of purchase - Apple Support

If you still need help:

For iPad service and support, and tips etc: See the iPad Support website.

or

For getting personalized support (not available in all regions) : See the Apple Support website.

or

Apple's Accessibility Support Website

(NB: You can "Get Support" from the link at the bottom of their website:)

Accessibility Support - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Will i ever get iPad Apple 10th generation unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.