Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iphone unavailable /second hand iphone12

i bought this phone from a ederly lady about 2 months ago she had gotten a new phone and wanted to sell this one she gave me the passcode and everything i unlocked it everything was fine i never signed into it as i had one i was using but i always tend to brake my phones so i kept this one for back up. now i have forgotten the stupid code and unfortunately she has since passed away and i have locked the phone it says unavailable i can put it in recovery put it doesnt show in icloud or apple devices how can i factory reset this phone as i am in disparate need of a phone for school my entire college information was in my phone please help a dumb college chick out

IPhone12 unavailable but will go into recovery mode i am useing windows 11 Microsoft pc i have Itunes Icloud Apple devices and Apple Support app it does not show on any of them

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 10:59 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2024 12:25 AM in response to Daddys-twisted-little-girl

The official Apple Support can only unlock the Activation Lock for your iPhone, if you have proof of ownership or purchase. Have a look at this related article:

Additional Support - Activation Lock

Resetting the iPhone if it has been disabled, is described in this article:

If you forgot your iPhone passcode, use your Mac or PC to reset it - Apple Support

iphone unavailable /second hand iphone12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.