Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 15 Pro Max Will not Play Music via cable

I recently upgraded from an iPhone XS Max to the iPhone 15 Pro Max. I have the 17.4.1 software installed on the 15 Pro Max. With my XS I could plug an audio cable with a lightning connector at one end and an RCA jack at the other in to the auxillary jack of my care stereo and play my iTunes music through the radio. When I purchased my 15 Pro Max, I purchased a new cable with a usb C connector and an RCA jack for use with the new phone. I have found that this no longer works. Is there a setting I need to change on my phone or doe it no longer allow the phone to be cable connected to play music through a car stereo ?

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 11:06 PM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2024 11:53 PM in response to Uncle_Toby

Uncle_Toby wrote:

I purchased a new cable with a usb C connector and an RCA jack for use with the new phone. I have found that this no longer works.

There are no settings.

Search for accessories that have completed MFi certification

Once an accessory has completed MFi certification requirements and is reported to Apple as sold/distributed, it will be searchable in our public database of authorized Lightning, headset, charging, iAP-enabled, and Find My network-enabled accessories.

https://mfi.apple.com/account/accessory-search

Learn how to identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning-based accessories.

Apr 26, 2024 12:02 AM in response to Uncle_Toby

Hey Uncle_Toby

1. Check the cable and connections: Make sure that the cable you're using is compatible with your iPhone 15 Pro Max and that it's properly connected to both your phone and your car stereo. Ensure that there are no damages to the cable or connectors.
  2. Enable USB Accessories in Settings: In some cases, your iPhone may not recognize the accessory connected via USB-C. You can try enabling USB Accessories under Settings to see if it resolves the issue. Here's how:
    • Go to Settings on your iPhone.
    • Scroll down and select Face ID & Passcode or Touch ID & Passcode.
    • Enter your passcode if prompted.
    • Scroll down to the section titled "Allow Access When Locked."
    • Toggle the switch next to "USB Accessories" to the ON position.
  1. Check car stereo settings: Ensure that your car stereo is set to the correct input source for playing music from an external device. Sometimes, car stereos have multiple input options (e.g., AUX, Bluetooth, USB), so make sure the correct input is selected.
  2. Restart your iPhone and car stereo: Try restarting both your iPhone and your car stereo to see if it resolves any temporary glitches.
  3. Update software: Ensure that your iPhone's software is up to date by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If there's an available update, install it and then try connecting again.
  4. Reset network settings: Sometimes, resetting your iPhone's network settings can help resolve connectivity issues. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will reset Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and VPN settings, so you'll need to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords and re-pair Bluetooth devices.
  5. Contact support: If none of the above solutions work, it's possible that there may be an issue with either your iPhone or your car stereo. In this case, contacting Apple Support or the manufacturer of your car stereo for further assistance may be necessary.

iPhone 15 Pro Max Will not Play Music via cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.