Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How can I recover photos that are missing from my Mac?

My map with all pictures are lost, I don't know how, because I didn't delete anything.

If You know how, I would appreciate, because Im new to MAC and lost now in time :D with no visual memories;(

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 12:39 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2024 4:05 AM in response to azanda37

Where are the photos missing? On your iPhone, on your Mac, or in both places?

Are you using iCloud Photos to sync your Mac and your iPhone? In that case you must not delete any photos from your iPhone that you want to keep on your Mac. iCloud Photos is syncing your devices and keeping the Photos Libraries on the synced devices identical. When you delete a photo from any device, it will be deleted from the other devices as well.

Deleted photos are saved for third days in the recently Deleted album. Have you checked this album? On your new Mac it will be shown in the sidebar of Photos, in the Library section of the sidebar, if there are still photos to be recovered.

If the photos are no longer in Recently Deleted and are having still Apple Care for your new Mac, contact Apple Support for help asap. Perhaps Apple Support can help you to recover your photos, if something went wrong with setting up your new Mac from iCloud.

Apr 26, 2024 12:12 PM in response to azanda37

Is your Mac brand new, or is it just new to you? What model Mac do you have, and what operating system is it using? You can click on the Apple in the upper left corner and select About This Mac to find out for sure.

Did you use the Photos app to manage your pictures, or are they in folders managed by Finder, like those on the desktop?

Have you looked in the trash for a "file" that says ".photoslibrary?" Have you looked in the Recently Deleted album on your Mac or on your iPhone?

How can I recover photos that are missing from my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.