Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

LUTs not showing up in FCPX

FCPX 10.7.1

When I drag Custom LUTs into my footage, the option of "Choose Custom LUT" or "Reveal in finder" does not appear. It's just a bunch of LUTs that I used in the past.

I've purchased many new LUT's and cant find them at all in Custom LUTs. But i can find them all in Camera LUTs in the info inspector.

Please help. This is extremely annoying.

How can I find my purchased LUT's and any newer ones in Custom LUT's again?

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 1:04 AM

4 replies

Apr 26, 2024 7:40 AM in response to NishantHagjer

Does that menu end at the point shown in the screenshot?

The menu would have rounded corners, and end in a line like

" v "

so you could click and scroll to see the rest of the LUTs. I did not have that many, so I faked by adding multiple folders or LUTs:

Maybe you missed that downward arrow? If not, then delete preferences, as Tom said.

Apr 26, 2024 6:19 AM in response to NishantHagjer

That's very odd. There should be a Reveal in Finder in Custom LUTs as well. The only thing I can think of is that there is a limit to the size of the column and after the LUTs exceed it you don't get the bottom pane. You have a couple of folders, you might try grouping the others, like the Canon LUTs, the Fuji LUTs, etc. All the used LUTs are stored in the same place in the user Library. If you need to get there frequently you might keep an alias of the Custom LUTs folder in the Library on your Desktop.

LUTs not showing up in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.