Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Moving sessions from ProTools to logic

In the past (years ago) I have been reasonably successful moving sessions from protools to logic by exporting the session from PT in AAF format. Now I have the latest versions of both PT and Logic Pro and when I try to import the AAF into Logic it can't find the audio files, even though they are clearly in the folder. It looks like logic is searching for the wrong filename as there are unusual characters in the names of the files logic is searching for - like % symbols etc, which aren't in the names of the files exported by Protools.

I have searched high and low for a solution to this - it seems incredible to me that in 2024 ProTools and Logic can't exchange projects more smoothly.

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 1:39 AM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2024 2:32 PM in response to yoyoBen

Hey Ben, thanks for taking the time to reply.

yeah, the audio files themselves don’t have special characters; rather logic seems to think they do, like it’s miss-reading the AAF document. I tried generating an AAF on an older protools system but logic still doesn’t recognise the audio files and requests files with these special characters in their names.

What a pain!

I guess I’ll try renaming the files…

thanks again.

Moving sessions from ProTools to logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.