Accessibility: Highlight spoken feature not working in Pages

I always use speech facility to read my documents in Pages on my iPad. I have the Accessibility speech settings set to underline sentences as read. Highlighting in this way is not currently working in Pages despite my settings being unchanged. Please advise as this is essential in proof reading as a partially sighted user. Many thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 1:48 AM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2024 8:47 PM in response to MonfromSth

Re: "Accessibility: Highlight spoken feature not working in Pages" ... "despite my settings being unchanged"

As Apple's essential feature is not working as expected, you might want to first try talking with the experts:

You may want to contact Apple's Accessibility Support Team:

How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support

or

Apple's Accessibility Support Website (You can "Get Support" from the link at the bottom of their website:) Accessibility Support - Official Apple Support

Else: To try something on your own:

✽ First: Quit the "Pages" app: To quit an app, open the App Switcher, then swipe up on the app.

✽ Then: Restart your iPad: Restart your iPad - Apple Support (deletes temporary files, re-establishes connections, and more.)

✽ Next: Re-open Pages app : To reopen the app, go to the Home Screen (or the App Library), then tap the app.

✽ Finally: Check if the situation has been resolved.

More info. if needed: How to: Quit and reopen an app on iPad - Apple Support

If you still need help:

Wondering which iPadOS version, and which version of "Pages" is installed on your iPad.

Sometimes updating to the newest compatible versions for your device may help resolve issues.

(If iOS updates are available, is always wise to back-up your device before updating.)

For iPadOS : To see if an update is waiting to be installed: Settings > General > Software Updates

For Pages app: Check for "updates" in the App Store: ie tap "Updates" in the sidebar to see if there's one.

All the best :-)

Accessibility: Highlight spoken feature not working in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.