Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Macbook Pro Battery Drain Issue

I've bought the macbook pro m3 pro in december 2023 (4 months ago) , the battery in the beginning was working very fantastic but now the battery drains are way too fast , even if i leave my laptop with an external keyboard and headphones connected , the battery gets dead overnight only. Even though my battery health is 100%.

What should i do

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 2:31 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2024 11:33 AM in response to Amay_17

Amay_17 wrote:

I've bought the macbook pro m3 pro in december 2023 (4 months ago) , the battery in the beginning was working very fantastic but now the battery drains are way too fast , even if i leave my laptop with an external keyboard and headphones connected , the battery gets dead overnight only. Even though my battery health is 100%.

What should i do

hmmm.

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies. then reboot as normal and test.

The current stable release of Sonoma including bug fixes, security updates is macOS 14.4.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

there is a rule of thumb—if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on the battery only—this is how you help optimize your battery charging and extend the working life of your battery by reducing the cycle count.

further for your review:

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/108376

Macbook Pro Battery Drain Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.