Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Is there a way to see my computer generated passwords on my iPhone?

I have a few websites that I use computer generated passwords to sign in. However some of them have apps I want to use on my phone to access the information. How do I sign in on my app when the password is on my laptop?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 2:16 AM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2024 9:45 AM in response to gorach

Regarding passwords, we know that they are often required. They, being necessary for security, should be complex and varied, not continuing to reuse the same few passwords over and over. I suggest you create an Excel spreadsheet where you record the websites, the IDs used for them and their site required passwords. You can then easily refer to it when using your phone and then it can be saved. I use Excel for recording my passwords and often refer to the sheet I have printed. Incidentally, the Excel file is also password protected for opening it.

Apr 26, 2024 10:39 AM in response to gorach

gorach wrote:

I have a few websites that I use computer generated passwords to sign in. However some of them have apps I want to use on my phone to access the information. How do I sign in on my app when the password is on my laptop?

If the passwords are stored in Keychain they will sync between your Mac and iPhone:

Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Is there a way to see my computer generated passwords on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.